Saturday, April 5, 2008

My Little Black Book of Travel


As a challenge to myself and a service to anyone reading my blog, I thought I'd make a list of all the places I've traveled, so that if anyone wanted recommendations for them, they could ask me. Here it goes:

International:
Naussau, Bahamas
Toronto, Ontario (and Niagara Falls)
Paris, France
Italy (Florence, the Amalfi Coast, Rome)
Germany (just for a day)

Domestic:
California: San Francisco, Sausalito, Sonoma and Napa valleys
Colorado: Estes Park, Boulder, Aspen, Winterpark
Florida: Sarasota, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Key West, Panama City, Orlando
Georgia: Savannah
Illinois: Chicago
Indiana: Indianapolis
Massachusetts: Boston
Michigan: Detroit
Missouri: St. Louis
Nevada: Las Vegas
New Mexico: Santa Fe, Taos
New York: Ellicottville (Holiday Valley Ski Resort), Clymer (Peek'n Peak Ski Resort), New York
Pennsylvania: Pittsburgh, Erie, Hershey, Gettysburg
South Carolina: Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head
South Dakota: I cannot remember which city - it was for a family reunion when I was in sixth grade - but DO remember seeing Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse
Texas: Dallas (for a conference, so there wasn't time for sight-seeing)
Wyoming: Again, I don't remember the city but we visited Devils Tower (seen in the movie, "Close Encounters of the Third Kind")

My Wish List:
Australia
Spain
Montreal, Quebec
Finger Lakes, New York
Seattle, Washington
San Diego, California
Arizona (not sure where yet)
Wyoming (to a dude ranch)
Nashville, Tennesee

No comments: